Hazardous Waste Transport License
The Waste Management Department controls the issuance of permit to transfer hazardous waste from the site in which it was first generated to the disposal or recycling site, in implementation of Ministerial Edict No.3 of 2006 concerning the Management of Hazardous Waste, which is covered by Decree-Law (21) of 1996 on the Environment.
In order to receive this license, the following procedures should be followed:
- Sending a formal letter addressed to the Chairman of the Environmental Licensing Department.
- Filling in the application form to obtain a license to transport hazardous waste. (Download File)
The Waste Management Department examines the application and takes a decision to accept or reject. This requires the following:
- Conducting a field visit to be informed about waste transport vehicles and their suitability.
- Providing the necessary tools for each transport vehicle to be used in case of accidents.
If the application is rejected, the applicant is notified in writing, and if approved, the applicant should follow the following procedures:
- Filling in the form of “Conditions for Compliance by Hazardous Waste Transporting Contractors. (Download File)
- Attaching information on the ownership of the vehicles, in addition to the annual insurance and the driving licenses of the drivers.