The Supreme Council for the Environment determined a series of procedures that should be followed in order to receive a license for a service facility that has a direct or indirect impact on the environment or its natural resources.
The procedures are as follows:
- The applicant should submit a demand form from the Commercial Registration determining the type of the service activity.
- An environmental inspector is appointed to visit the site of the facility.
- The applicant is contacted to agree on the inspection visit day.
- In case the service facility meets the environmental requirements, the applicant will be notified.
- The applicant shall pay the required fees and sign the environmental recommendations at the Supreme Council for the Environment.
- When the facility does not meet the environmental requirements, the applicant will be asked to rectify the situation; otherwise the demand will be denied.